Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Having fun on Babelfish

Babelfish is this little translation program that they have connected to Yahoo! Korea. Anyone who has used an online translation program knows that it doesn't work that well when translating anything beyond very simple sentences. So as I was sitting around today wondering what would be fun to do, I decided to screw around on Babelfish and test out it's translation and translation of translations functionability. Here are the results:




Okay, so far so good. Now let's translate it into Korean...

Okay, well that Korean isn't too bad. Now, let's see what happens when I re-translate that into English...

Well, it's not completely unintelligible. Let's see what happens if we make it a bit more complicated...



The first sentence went through pretty well but that second sentence got mangled. Now let's translate it back...



Wow, that's pretty messed up. "Me him there is his baby boy and thinks the thing". Does that accurately describe your feelings for Obama, George?


Okay, I don't know how the hell "Silicone" got in there but alright. Now let's see the translation of the translation...




Okay so "the boy and him under kissing the thing"? That sounds pretty sexual to me. Never figured Micah for a pederast though. Let's move on...



That Korean is so mangled it hurts my brain to read it. Should be fun to see the re-translation...

How the hell does a canyon rise? I will agree that "attempting the fact that comfort starts that oneself" though. That makes more sense than anything ever.

That was fun, now wasn't it? You guys can go to Babelfish on your own time and make your own if you want. Here's the Korean web address:

http://kr.babelfish.yahoo.com/

I might have to do this again. Stay tuned...

4 comments:

The Expat said...

Hahahaha! That's classic. I like how it omitted my name the last go-around. I do love Obama plentifully though. On a side note, Obama is doing an image campaign around the world where his supporters are taking pictures of themselves on major bridges. It's called "Bridges to Change" or something similarly Obama-like. It's on Sunday afternoon and we should go.

I want to know why Micah is "doing him under" while "kissing the thing".

Glen is gay.

The Expat said...

Great idea by the way

Open Micah said...

I remember this from highschool. It's so much better now that we're smarter.

Micah said...

Holy shit. I just read this again. What fun.