Monday, January 22, 2007

Shouldn't you be shuffling?

The last time I was able to write something like this, I wasn’t able to write. Well, probably not much more than my name or so since I was 4 years old and cared for football as much as I did about the national debt or Billy Idol. Anyways, this has been a long time coming.

So here we are 21+ years later and I can finally see the Chicago Bears in the Super Bowl.

While most people who know me would describe me as much more of a basketball fan than any other sport, I’m sure those same people would know that I pay attention to Chicago sports just as avidly. Granted, I don’t know much about most of the other teams, and probably don’t understand the finer details of the game itself, but to hell with you if you think I care about that when it comes down to rooting for Chicago sports.

Besides the games I got to watch while I was in Chicago this year, I’ve had to watch most of the other ones on nfl.com’s Sports Center which involves looking at little football heads move up a green block of field. I didn’t even get to catch them winning the NFC championship even though I really should have. It seems I’m cursed to be thousands of miles away from my hometown every time a team starts doing well. The Bears got to the playoffs almost every year I was abroad, the Bulls have had a few playoff seasons, the Cubs almost made the World Series and the White Sox actually won the World Series. Now the Bears are going to the Super Bowl and where am I? Seoul, South Korea of course. Thousands of miles away from most people who even know what American style football is. Well, at least I have a plan this time.

The Super Bowl will start at 8:00am on Monday, February 5th Seoul time. That is one hour before work starts for me. I am not even sure if there are any places that will be showing the game at that time. However, do you think I’m going to be watching football heads move around on my work computer at my desk that day?

Hell no I won’t be.

I will find a place to watch this game and take a damn half-morning off so I can watch the hell out of this Super Bowl. So to all of my Chi-town homies who will be watching this game and partying like I know you should be, remember to raise a glass for me because I will be right there watching it with you.

DA BEARS BABY!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

haha, yessss..."da Bears"...damn Mike, to bad u missed out on the NFC Championship game, what a rollercoaster of emotion!! da Bears D dominated baby, woooo!prediction..Bears smash the Colts 41-6. THE CHICAGO BEARS, 2006 SUPERBOWL CHAMPS!MONSTERS OF THE MIDWAY MUTHAF****!!