Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Week 2 Update

Week two of my excursion home has been interesting to say the least. I've been running myself ragged to meet as many members of my family as humanly possible before my time here is up as well as drinking and carousing with my good friends since we won't have that opportunity for at least another year.

I got to go to my cousin's wedding this past weekend which was an interesting time because I was able to meet an entire side of my family in one day and also see my cousin who had just recently come back from Kuwait. As always, I spent most of my time at the reception drinking and mingling with family. I was in such a hurry to get there on time that I actually forgot my camera at my father's house, so no pictures of this event unfortunately.


My doggie, Colt

Watching the Chicago Bears play the 49ers this Sunday was too funny. It's very satisfying to watch the team that trounced us all through the 90s finally get their comeuppance for a decade of making me wince whenever I watched sports updates. 41 to 10. Haha. Stuff it up your ass San Fran. GO BEARS!!


That evening I also went out with some of my friends I haven't seen in awhile. Since we all wanted to drink in a bar setting without paying bar prices, we decided to go to my friend Chris's basement to play pool and drink. The night ended like it usually does when 8 people spend a better part of the evening drinking, with slurred yelling and head shaking. Here's to all of you drunken derelicts.


The cast from Cheers

Finally, Halloween this year seems like it will be a bust. Everyone is working and I can't drive anywhere because I lost my damn license. So the only "holiday" that I get to spend here seems like it will go out with a whimper. Whatever. At least I can sooth myself knowing that my friends back in Korea will be having a great time with whatever shenanigans they have planned. Rock out guys, take some good pics.

No comments: