Monday, October 16, 2006

Back to Basics...

Well, this is the first post. Expectations are high and I'm eager to disappoint so here goes...

A brief description of me for those of you who don't know me that well.

I currently live in Seoul, South Korea, one of the largest (if not the largest, depending on your tools of measurement) in the world. I have been here a grand total of 28 months dispersed between January 2003 and present day and it doesn't look like I'll be leaving anytime soon. I am originally from Chicago, where I spent the first 20 years of my life before I went to live in Japan as a student from 2001 until 2002. I graduated from the University of Illinois at Chicago in December of 2004 with a major in International Business Management and I have just procured a position at AC Nielsen Korea where I will be a Market Researcher. Hope thats a good enough description.

On to recent developments...

As I said, I have just recently been hired by AC Nielsen Korea. While it has been a rather tiresome process to obtain a job in Korea as a non-native, I look forward to the challenges it offers. The bright spots of this deal were beyond my expectations in many respects. My salary is well beyond expectations and I actually get to go home and see family and friends for 3 weeks before starting the new job. I am not, by the way, telling anyone about my trip home (with the exception of my friend Ralph, thanks for picking me up bro!) because I want it to be a surprise. Other than this recent excitement, I have just been resting up and recovering from my latest job at Wonderland English school.

I promise to start putting pictures and other forms of entertainment on here as soon as I have the time and energy.

Peace

No comments: