Thursday, May 01, 2008

The first of May

Ah, the first full day of my vacation. For the next 5 days I'll be doing whatever the hell I want and completely loving it. I'll probably drop some random posts about my adventures to make up for the recent lack of attention I've been paying here so be forewarned.

So to start off on the right foot before I step out into the remaining sunlight to grab dinner with a friend and probably a couple of drinks, I'll drop some quick info about 2 events that I've just recently become privy of.

First, as we all know and love the "Evil Dead" movies and Bruce Campbell, I think it is really cool that they will actually be doing a musical version here in Korea on May 18th. I've seen some posters (which I promise to purloin and post pics of) and it looks like it should be pretty good. I'm going to start a rally call for all interested persons and make sure to make a night of it.

Second, as if the above wasn't enough to make a great weekend evening, on May 17th, one of my favorite artists will be performing in Seoul. I'm not exactly sure if it is completely open to the public yet because I found it on some site at 3:30am while I was drunk and not in the mood to read long paragraps in Korean, but I plan on researching the details and hopefully getting some tickets. Now, who pray tell, is this artist I am so enraptured to see? Why, Stevie Wonder of course. He went from being a closet favorite of mine (I didn't want to actually ENJOY music that my parents liked) to an artist whose songs I regularly sing in karaoke and I really hope I can get some tickets. Here's to hoping.

Anyways, that is the update for today. Now play amongst yourselves or something.

2 comments:

My Kid's Mom said...

Well it is Sunday evening here, so that means it is Monday morning there. Vacation time always seems to fly by. Hopefully you did something fun or at least got some rest. Mom still worries about you.

Anonymous said...

ha ha you wussbag, you like Stevie Wonder...nah, for real though..i dig'em-it's real good music...wave hi to him for me if you go to his show...yeah i know i'm goin to hell for that...at this point your vac.is over...i would have to read your next blog to discover the outcome.