Thursday, March 27, 2008

The Doug cameth

Despite my work schedule, I’m still managing to get a post out (finally) after only 2 weeks or so. Aren’t I great?

Since it’s been a while since my last major blog, I have quite a few pictures to post. But before I get into those, I guess I should do a little update on the microcosm that is my life.

First, since my new promotion, there has been a large increase in my workload but I expected that from the get go. What I didn’t expect was the necessity of more effective time management skills. I know, I know, that’s essentially what an increased workload requires if one would like to maintain his/her free time but I didn’t know I’d be tossed right into the fray without any time to adapt.

But adapting I am.

For instance, this past Tuesday I had a veritable assload of work to take care of but still wanted to maintain my streak for hitting the gym everyday. Knowing this, I took care of certain things within a time frame which allowed me a 2 hour window to leave the company and come back. After working out and burning some accumulated stress, I got back to the office at around midnight ready for the evening onslaught.

So yay to adaptation; one of the key tools used in the daily struggle of the cubicle jockey.

In other news, the well-spoken beam of truth that is Doug came to visit me in Seoul. As is often the case in our meetings, we cut a drunken swath through the surrounding areas and left no brain cell unscathed on our way to the longest weekend binge I’ve been on in years. It was great seeing a Japan-familiar face against the background of my current city of residence and I’d like to think Doug had just as much (if not more) fun than I did. I look forward to our next meeting and hope he gets Japan ready for me. *wink wink*

Finally, after months of not following a workout plan, I’ve embarked on my 12-week beach body workout schedule. As an added incentive to follow it through (rather than go back to meandering around the gym and randomly doing sets of stuff), I will post a before (Circa March 23rd) and an after (June 15th) picture in one of my June blogs.

Make sure you guys hold me to it.

So onto the pictures:



Doug as he arrives in Gimpo.

Our group for my promotion party/Doug's arrival. Clockwise from left: Beehaam, Doug, Micah, Heejung, Glen, Dave, Jayce, Me.

Me and Darg.

Jayce gave me this candle for my birthday "cake". Yes, my face looked just like that as he explained it to me.

Me, Dave and Jayce celebrate.


Okay, so Micah had the perfect angle for this drunken shot, which is perfect in and of itself but knowing me, I had to take it and make it into this:

Yeah, I'm a ass.

At least, I'm a funny ass though.





No comments: