Thursday, March 06, 2008

Help out a fellow human in need

I'm a little late plugging this due to my work schedule the past 2 days, but here is a story you need to read.

http://www.billkapoun.com/

http://metropolitician.blogs.com/scribblings_of_the_metrop/2008/03/nows-your-chanc.html

http://www.rjkoehler.com/2008/03/05/donations-for-severely-injured-english-teacher/

Basically its the story of a 26-year old English teacher here in Korea who sustained 3rd degree burns over most of his body when his apartment burned down a few days ago. Unfortunately, due to his lack of insurance here, his bills are astronomical and his parents aren't in the financial position to accomodate all of them.

The really wonderful (and honestly a bit surprising) thing is that the foreign community in Korea has pulled together quite a bit of money. However, it still pales in comparison to the cost of the many operations he will have to endure. Therefore, I ask anyone who can pull together some money to donate what they can to help his chances of making it through. I've already donated an amount close to a few nights out on the town and I don't think that's a large sacrifice to make in order to help someone who really needs it.

This issue hits home with me because this could have happened to me or any of my friends here just as easily as it happened to Bill.

There are ways to donate money whether you live in Korea or the States, just find the links on the site I posted above.

Thanks for your time and donations.

-Mike

No comments: