Friday, November 16, 2007

Ruminations

I was originally going to save my next blog entry for after my triumphant return to Korea but decided to drop a quick update before I left anyways. I will save details for my next post upon returning to Korea, but here is a quick summary:

This has been my 4th return to America since I started living abroad. One could say that all of my friends and family have become relatively acclimated to my yearly trips home and these trips seem to have become holidays in their own right. Not to say my ego isn't large enough to believe (falsely) that I should have my own holiday, but it seems my friends and family only come together while I am visiting. That was also the case this year.

I had a couple of large family gatherings complete with incredible home cooked meals and also a few liquor-soaked evenings out with my good friends. I met a few good people I haven't seen in years and I got a rush of various, vivid emotions while going through all of my old boxes that contain bits of my past. I have a lot of stories, a lot of pictures (I'll post them next time) and a lot of memories to remind me of my latest trip back home. Coming back here reminds me why I miss it but it also reminds me why I have to leave again...

There are still things I need to accomplish and a couple of things I haven't given up on yet.

Let's see where this next year takes me.

Until next time Chicago, when your earth bares my travel weary feet yet again.

No comments: