Monday, March 05, 2007

I'm a boring person/official adult

It’s funny how less often I am making blog entries lately.

It’s not because I am too lazy or too busy (I am a bit of both), but mostly because I have almost nothing interesting to update on. As most people have pointed out to me, “All you do is talk about work”, and I must agree. Unfortunately, the path I have chosen for myself career-wise leaves me with little options as far as doing other things. I know, I know, I have the weekends and after work time, right? Well, I have no excuse on the weekend tip, but as far as after work is over, I mostly just eat dinner and go to the gym. Rinse, Repeat.

I’m looking into how I can change my rather mundane life into something more fun while still keeping the responsibility part intact and it is proving to be difficult. I hope to start doing more on the weekends than just meet friends and carouse around town. I want to turn this blog into a bit more than just work updates and boorish musings and start posting more often on cultural issues and other more interesting topics. I guess we’ll see what time permits…

As far as recent happenings, I had a pretty decent birthday party and got to hang out with most of people I wanted to. We started off at a Brazilian restaurant/buffet then went to drink at a bar in Itaewon. I got a really nice wallet from Jayce and Dave gave me a ham sandwich without the bread, so it was mostly just ham. I guess things have been rough for him lately. Other than the b-day, nothing really exciting has happened. It’s been mostly work, going to the gym, and downloading anime. I did go over to the girlfriend’s house and have dinner with the parents which is always fun. I got to eat a delicious meal and then stayed the night. My girlfriend’s parents are two of the nicest people on the planet, I really have to say.

Oh, and I bought a computer desk and chair. Excitement.
So I guess this is my crappy update. I’m looking at going to an art exhibit with the girl this weekend so maybe I can take a few pictures and have something more interesting to post.

Look for Korean and Japanese posts within this coming week (hopefully).

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy late b-day

Anonymous said...

new table and chair. awesome.
i, too, am the rinse-repeater. work work, gym, work. weekend. saturday night, and i am drinking a beer reading your blog. THAT is sad. happy birthday. mine is next week as well. we share the same monotone existence, my friend, which is what i thought i had escaped from back home.. oh no!! rinse! repeat!!!