Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Last post of the year (probably)

Well, I hope everyone had a good Christmas.

I’m sure most of you didn’t get any snow, but what the hell, I’m sure in about 50 years or so there won’t be any so enjoy whatever you do get when you get it. I didn’t get any snow either but at least I got to make some wonderful Christmas tacos with the girlfriend. I capped my Christmas night off with a little drinking session involving myself, Jayce and Nate which ended at my house drinking soju and playing NBA Live. I realized when I woke up on Monday morning that this would be my first year ever without some sort of Christmas break. It’s pretty crazy to have to sit back and reflect on your life in terms of Christmas vacations. Maybe lame is a better word. At least I got Monday off.

Now we turn to New Year’s, the last and first holiday of the year. I don’t think I’ve had a sober one in a long time, but this year seems like that might finally happen. I actually have a half-day on Friday and Monday off, so this will be the longest weekend I will get until I take my vacation in September. More than likely I will spend it in my house lounging around. My ambition knows no boundaries.

I’ve noticed a few things floating around out there in cyberspace recently and felt the need to comment about some of them.

First, the last Harry Potter finally has been named and the title is: “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows”. I kind of wish she would have named it something more funny but whatever. Guess the title “Harry Potter Does Hogwarts” would give the religious nuts one more reason to try to ban the book. Personally I would have named it “Harry Potter and the Haha There Is No Seventh Book” and it would have consisted of only page containing a photo copy of my ass. I will be reading it when it comes out though, just like everyone else on the planet.

There seems to be a lot of movies that are somehow connected to childhood memories coming out. The new Rocky movie, the Transformers movie, the new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie, the new Fantastic Four movie (with Silver Surfer and Galactus!), and probably a few others I haven’t heard about. More than likely, I will see all of them at some point just for the nostalgic value. Two movies I would like to see happen would be the Dragon Ball movie (you saw Matrix 3, they could do it) and a Superman movie that has Doomsday in it.

Yes, I am a complete nerd.

Well, guess that’s it for this week’s post so I will leave you with a few pictures to peruse. Enjoy.












Christmas tacos!!




The Christmas Tree in Sichong, near my house





Dave assumes his battle position. By that I mean passes-out-and-gets-screwed-with position.


A totally irrelevant picture, Kon from Bleach. (俺と一緒に連れて行きやがれ!) Kon rules.

2 comments:

Kyle said...

Wow. Christmas tacos.. nice.
Unlike you, I won't be reading the new Harry Potter book.. never really got into them despite the fact that my mom and grandma force fed them down my throat.

Yeah, I heard about that Fantastic Four movie.. which kind of surprises me because I don't remember them ever going up againest Silver Surfer. I honestly hope they never make a Dragonball live action movie. Not that I completely hate the series, but because I doubt they could ever actually make a decent one.

Oh, and Kon's a bitch. And useless.

Kyle said...

Hmm.. maybe I was a little harsh on the guy. He's pretty okay when he's not in a stuffed animal.
Some of his scenes are kind of funny.