Tuesday, October 23, 2007

8 Minutes till lunch

A lot of the things I do at my job consist of little mini-projects that take a lot of time to complete on their own. Some of them involve simple database manipulation and number crunching which can be completed rather quickly if I focus like a laser beam with the I-Pod on blast.

There are, however, very, very few things at my job that I can complete in the 8 minutes before lunch which comes inevitably at noon. Therefore, instead of starting something, not being able to finish it, then coming back and wondering where I left off, I always screw around for the last few minutes with whatever is currently capturing my limited attention span.

Examples of this include checking the latest news blogs, bothering my co-workers with pointless babble, flashing my laser pointer around the office, seeing how the 6 month old orange behind my computer is progressing, etc. and of course, updating this blog.

Today I decided to update the blog since I didn't want to get up and bother people and the orange behind my computer has been giving me the evil eye since I got in this morning.

You guys got lucky.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you should take a pic of that decrepid orange you have chillin behind your cpu, it'd be interesting to see what transformations a neglected orange can produce.i just couldn't help myself but, "orange" ya glad i posted a comment! LOL