Wednesday, November 15, 2006

First Day

I'm back. It was a fun little trip on the planes coming back to Korea despite the seemingly endless hours of sitting. My ass hurt something awful. Thanks to my brother I was at least able to keep myself entertained with his DS. So let's chart the voyage back shall we? This will give people who have never traveled so far a good idea what to expect when they do.

6:00am (Chicago Time) - Wake Up
7:30am - Leave for airport
9:ooam - Arrive at airport
9:30am - Have my liquor stolen at the security check (Bastards)
11:00am - Plane Departs for Tokyo
11:30pm - Plane arrives in Tokyo (yep, 12 1/2 hours later)
4:00am - Plane departs for Seoul
6:30am - Plane arrives in Seoul
7:ooam - Take bus to Seoul
8:00am - Arrive at Dave's house (11pm Seoul Time)

So, for all of you mathematicians out there, that's 26 hours spent en-route. Lots of fun. I hope all of you out there get to enjoy it sometime.

After moving shit around and getting dressed at Dave's, I went out to meet some friends who had gathered at one of our watering holes in Gangnam, Woodstock. After drinking and bullshitting for a few hours, I needed to get home and finally get some sleep. After sleeping for about 6 hours, I woke up and got ready to go and meet my girlfriend. I had spent a lot of time deciding what to purchase for her so I was happy that she liked the things I had picked out. After eating lunch together and catching up I came back to Dave's house and lounged around for the rest of the evening.

The last few days have pretty much been like that. Meet the girlfriend, then come back here and lounge. Tomorrow finally changes all of that because I start my new job. I'm anxious to start there because it seems like a pretty good job. The company has provided me with a great salary, good working conditions and hours and an apartment(it's kinda small though). Either way, I guess I can't complain. Everyone wish me luck. I will keep everyone updated.

No comments: