Tuesday, September 23, 2008

More fun with Babelfish

This time, instead of getting a few laughs at the expense of friends, I decided to make a little quiz of sorts. Below are 10 lines quoted directly from famous (and some not so famous) movies that have been translated from English into Korean and then back into English through Babelfish. Some of them are pretty easy, some of them aren't. Let's see who can guess the correct quote and the movie it came from.

(Bonus points if you can tell me the actor/actress who said it.)

Let the game begin.

1. "Frankly, is valuable, does not give an imprecation"
2. "He will can refuse I to him and provided"
3. "I go against and until former times i ascend, is having i will always become and the shaft and"
4. "Me convey the welfare in the small friend"
5. "You stand about the wall and to be you say! where I say and your this i listen closely with! where"
6. "Is the first time rule of the combatant club and - you do not speak about the combatant club"
7. "In order calling who you? The ghost the person whom destroys"
8. "The trick which is most serious was understanding the world where demoniac he which comes to pull until now does not exist"
9. "The boy is a quality where the penis and the young girl are furnishing"
10. "You killed prepare the fact that dies my father."

10 comments:

The Expat said...

Fun!!!

6. Fight Club: Norton

This'll take awhile.

Mike said...

Nice. That one is admittedly a pretty easy one but you still got it first.

Hint: I really like gangster movies...

Doug said...

Ok I got one:

1. Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn -Gone with the wind

Doug said...

8. The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist. -Usual Suspects

The Expat said...

2.

Godfather: "I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse."

Mike said...

Good job so far you two.

2 for George
2 for Doug

6 more to go. Honestly there are 2 which I think nobody is gonna get since the translations on them are completely screwed up.

My Kid's Mom said...

3. Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in. - Godfather III

4. Say Hello to my little friend – Scarface - Pacino

7. You talking to me? Well I’m the only one here. Taxi Driver - DeNiro

Mike said...

Oh, and the Mom-dukes steps in.

Unfortunately, only the second one is correct (Scarface).

So that leaves #3,#5, #7, #9, and #10.

Only one of the remaining ones is from a gangster movie.

Current scores:

George: 2
Doug: 2
Mom: 1

My Kid's Mom said...

Ah...# 7 Who ya gonna call? Ghostbusters! - From Ghostbusters

Mike said...

And Mom knots it at 2. Congrats.