Friday, July 06, 2007

It goes one foot in front the next...

Progress is progress, regardless of how slow it is.

Work has been good at keeping me occupied and I’m happy to say that I am making some real progress here. I’m going to be getting a promotion within the next few months and my presentations have been going better than ever (even though I’m averaging about 3 per week now). I’m learning new aspects of the business and the bosses seem eager to give me more training so they can utilize my abilities more (read: give me ass loads of work). One of the coolest things for me has been the level of responsibility that has been placed on me. In the beginning I spent so much time giving dry-runs of presentations and having my data checked over by my bosses. Now they pretty much leave me alone and let me do my thang and it feels pretty good. So overall, work has been really great for me.

Another thing I have been focusing on is my gym time. I’ve been going pretty steadily for the last 5 months (as my loss of 20 pounds can attest) but I haven’t really made a goal list or check sheet to keep track of my progress. Starting next week I’m going to be taking a pen and pad to mark down what I do and my new schedule at the gym should help me focus more on parts of the body that need the most attention. My goal is to be able to confidently say that my 26 year old self (and especially soon-to-be 27 year old self) could easily kick my 20 year old self’s ass. I’m up to benching sets of 90 kilograms (198 pounds for you Americans) and I hope to be breaking the 100 kilo (220 pounds) mark before the summer is over. It’s great to have goals, right?

Though most of all, I’m focusing on the relationships with my friends. Some of my friends have really stepped up to help me through the hard times I’ve had and made me realize how I should be handling them. I have realized that no matter what, I’m never alone in this wonderful place I now call home. Thanks a lot guys.

Overall, I am remaining optimistic about everything. I have gained a clear idea of what I need to do NOW to better myself. Up until this point, I feel that I let the flame for life I used to have diminish itself by focusing on what I thought I had to do for the future. I’ve realized that the future is now. I’m going to keep pushing for what I believe is right and I’m sure it’s going work out one way or the other.

Just. Gotta. Stay. On. That. Bike.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

may i suggest to invest on some training wheels to help you stay on that bike....awaiting your next post.

Mike said...

may i suggest sticking with one name to post under because you are obviously running out of clever pseudonyms if you are starting to write your name backwards...

Anonymous said...

haha, yeah that's the Mikey we all know & luv...and get rid of that damn paperboy hat...it's mad lame!