Monday, April 09, 2007

The beginning of my social withdrawl...

The PS3 is finally here. I ended up having to pay about $120 in taxes to get it out of the post office but after dropping what I did on it already, it didn’t seem like much. They even asked if I wanted them to deliver it to my house so I didn’t have to carry it.

“No thanks. I’ll just carry it home.”

It consumed almost all of my Saturday and a few hours of my Sunday. The new Tony Hawk is pretty damn good and I’m also liking NBA 2K7. Madden 07 has its usual luster and the Marvel Ultimate Alliance has the makings of a great multi-player. I’m not that happy with the Sonic game because it’s just too damn uncontrollable and the new Genji is very fluid. That was my game breakdown. I look forward to getting a few blu-ray disc movies and seeing how good they are.

Other than the PS3, I went to the movies with the girl and her brother. We saw “300” and I was pretty impressed with it. It wasn’t “Sin City” but it did a similar job in making gore beautiful. I also now have a goal for my workouts because the Spartans in that movie were just impossibly ripped. I’m going to have to find those workouts somewhere. Anyone know where to look?

3 comments:

My Kid's Mom said...

Send your cousin Kyle an email. I think he found the workout in the paper.

Doug said...

I hope you have a really big monitor or a nice HD tv, because if not I doubt you'll see too much of a difference with those blue rays or really get the full advantages of the PS3. If not, put it on the list.

Oh and question: so does this mean that you have to import games?

Mike said...

An HDTV is the next thing on my list of major purchases. I'm gonna wait until the summer so I can get a deal on a huge one. On my current TV I can definitely see the difference from the PS2 to the PS3 but I'm sure in 1080i mode it would be even more phat.

Yes, I have to import games but the cool thing is the PS3 is not region coded so I can get games from anywhere. It's not scheduled for release in Korea until the end of the year so I have to wait to purchase domestically. Whatever. I got Tony Hawk...